Landscape and Garden society Tjechie
The Czech Landscape and Garden Society originated as a non-profit making organization in 1990 due to an urgent need to join forces and co-ordinate the effort to enhance the authority of garden and landscape design as a branch of architecture and to establish intensive co-operation with state administration and self-government authorities in the improvement of the state of public greenery, with professional schools in the education and training of new specialists and, last but not least, to address the public and demonstrate the irreplaceable role of gardening and landscaping and garden design in the creation of the environment.
The statutes of the Society define the following principal goals and tasks of the Society:
• popularization of the problems of vegetation in the settlements and in the landscape, especially its significance for the environment,
• improvement of the quality of professional work performed in the design, foundation and maintenance, administration and protection of settlement, landscape or historical greenery,
• care of the improvement of the theoretical as well as practical standard of the members of the Society and other specialists in the field,
• active co-operation with professional schools in the education and training of young specialists,
• co-operation with branch research